Before we proceed ahead and discuss about the carburetor adjustment, we must learn why is it required. Well adjustment of Tecumseh carburetor is mainly done so that engine’s performance can be enhanced. Moreover, it helps in increasing the life of the engine and you can use it without any trouble. Let us try to find the correct way of doing the proper carburetor adjustment.
Important step to be taken before adjustment
- One of the most important steps to take before carburetor adjustment is to make sure that the adjustment screw is located.
- You also need to warm up the engine and close the needle valve before warming up. While performing these steps ensure wearing of proper safety gear so that incidents such as accident and injuries can be avoided.
How to do carburetor adjustment
- If it is a float style carburetor then you need to rotate the adjustment screw in a clockwise direction until it is fully tight. The screw is present on the bottom of the float.
- If it is a diaphragm style device, then you rotate the screw which is present on both sides of the carburetor. The right side consists of a main mixture screw and the left side consists of an idle mixture screw.
- Next step is to use a flat head screwdriver and for float head carbs you need to turn the screw in counterclockwise direction one and half turns and for diaphragm carbs only one turn is required.
Hence, by following the above mentioned steps you can easily adjust the Tecumseh carburetor. For more information on this topic you can also log on to tecumsehcarburetorguide.com. It is an online guide which consists of detailed diagrams, parts lookup table and flowcharts related to different Tecumseh carburetors and parts.