If you’re living in a region where you’ve to face harsh winter conditions and a large amount of snow, then be prepared for the winters and utilize the snow thrower. Listed below is the plan of action before you utilize the snow thrower.
Plan of action
- Start by changing the oil of the snow blower. The oil drain pipe is available on the back or side of machine. First drain off all the oil and collect it in a container.
- Put the fresh oil with the help of funnel by inserting it into the hole. Make sure to fill up the engine at the exact level because over filling of the oil can cause damage to the machine.
- Drain out the older gas from the tank as it has been idle since a long time. Most of machines have a drain valve at the base of the gas tank. Carefully perform this action as the gas come out at a rapid pace. Shut off the drain valve when the tank is empty. Fill up the fresh gas.
- Take away the spark plug. It is usually placed on the top of machine or at the back. Pull the wire off and take out the plug by using a spark plug wrench. Replace the spark plug and replace it carefully. Don’t over tighten it.
- Check the belts of the snow blowers to ensure that it’s not cracked. Two stage snow blowers have two belts, one to drive the wheels and other is to drive the auger and take out the snow. Replace the belts if required.
- Check the auger assembly to ensure the lubrication of machine.
- Check the air in the tires and make sure that tracks are aligned properly.
Your snow blower is ready to use. For more information regarding Tecumseh snow king, just click on the website Tecumsehcarburetorguide.com. The website will provide you the in-depth knowledge about the Tecumseh parts and their functioning.