Carburetor is one of the important part of small engine. It is an easy and versatile part to maintain, that can work for a long time. Adjusting the carburetor on the engine takes a few turns. It will take your little time and efforts to complete this work. Here are just a few steps to follow to adjust the carburetor on the engine.
- First of all, take the rebuilt kit with you so that if required you can replace if any of the parts is damaged or out of order.
- Remove the bottom float bowl nut. Pull the bowl off and take away the rubber rings that seals the bowl.
- Pull the pin out from the float, open the side of needle holder that is placed towards the choke.
- Make sure there should not be any gas in the float.
- Put the crab in a vise. There is a plug in the bottom of the carburetor. Use a thin wall punch to twist it out.
- Remove the idle jet screw and locate the adjustment screw on the Tecumseh carburetor. It should be on the side of the container of the carburetor.
- Turn the adjustment screw clockwise until the needle valve is closed and placed on the bottom. Don’t over tighten the screw as it can be damaged with over-tightening.
- Turn the adjustment screw clockwise to the 1 ½ turns.
- Turn around the engine and let it remain idle for some time.
- Turn the screw first clockwise as much as you can and then counterclockwise until the engine is about to stall out from too much fuel.
- Now, rotate the adjustment screw back to clockwise position in order to fix a midpoint between too much fuel and too little fuel.
After following these simple steps the carburetor is ready to use. Hope, these points will help you in Tecumseh carburetor adjustment. Tecumsehcarburetorguide is one of the best online troubleshooting guide that provides you all types of Tecumseh products such as engines and their parts. The website also provides the information regarding identification and troubleshooting of different Tecumseh products. Get online now and visit the website now to get all the required information for choosing the appropriate products your small engines. It also provides the best guidance about different series of Tecumseh engines and its parts.