One of the best ways to troubleshoot Tecumseh power carburetors is through properly identifying the carburetor first and then by directly referring to its troubleshooting chart. Though there are many online repair guides that can be consulted but one of the best choice is to log on to tecumsehcarburetorguide.com. The best part about this online repair guide is that you get access to diagrams and troubleshooting charts. Let us try to find more about how to troubleshoot carburetors offered by Tecumseh.
Follow these most basic and common troubleshooting steps
- Every carburetor that is being repaired or serviced has to follow few basic and most common troubleshooting steps.
- The first and the foremost step is to make sure that cleaning happens. A thorough cleaning can help you to achieve smooth performance out of the carburetor. Before starting with the process, make sure that Welch plugs, o rings, seat and needle are removed.
- Next step is to make sure that the carburetor is soaked in a high quality commercial cleaner for minimum 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, you need to clean all the passages with the help of compressed air or soft tag wire.
While cleaning make sure wear and tear is checked properly
- If you see any part being torn or damaged, then make sure it is replaced. If the damage is minimal, then see if It can be repaired. One of the best ways to get complete and detailed information about different Tecumseh parts and carburetors is through tecumsehcarburetorguide.com.
- At times, the carburetor is damaged to such extent that it needs immediate replacement. You can easily order a new carburetor from tecumsehcarburetorguide.com.
Shutter screws to be replaced with new service screw
- One of the most important troubleshooting steps is to make sure that the shutter screws are replaced with new service screws. While performing this step, the gaskets are also required to be replaced because there is a dry adhesive on the new service screws.
- If you see that there is some issue while starting the engine, then the problem is with the adjustment. It will be either too low or too high.
- You also need to check if the fuel line is loose, damaged or restricted. Replace it immediately with the new one.
The online repair guide that is tecumsehcarburetorguide.com is filled with latest flowcharts and diagrams. You can directly access the knowledge resource and clean, repair, maintain and troubleshoot your Tecumseh carburetor. It helps in saving time and money both.