A carburetor is a lifeline of every engine. It can be a small engine or a big engine as it regulates the fuel and air flow to the engine. You must keep this thing in your mind that uneven flow can lead to several problems like:
- Poor fuel economy
- Sluggish performance
- Engine backfires
- Engine overheating
Periodic maintenance and timely repair are needed for proper functioning of the machine. Tecumseh Carburetors can wear out due to many reasons.
- If the engine is staggering, getting stopped and letting out black smoke, or has a difficult time starting you may need to rebuild the carburetor. Though it looks difficult, but rebuilding is an easy task that can be completed in just a few simple steps
Tecumseh is a well known brand in the small gasoline engine market for many years. They come with a huge range of carburetors. Most of them are made by Tecumseh itself. Some other brands of carburetors that are popular are:
Why is it necessary to correctly identify the carburetor?
- The need to identify a carburetor model arises when you need to carry out repairs and adjustments. The correct model must be known to you so that you get all the necessary information and select the best alternative.
- The model belonging to every series is listed on the Tecumseh carburetor guide web site. Series 1-11 carburetors, Diaphragm Carburetors, and other non Tecumseh models are shown along with their pictorial representations.
- Tecumseh carburetors are marked with model number and a respective date code. You can get an easy reference from the parts lookup table given on the website and find the right model. A complete list is available on the website which would also help in case of a non-Tecumseh variant of the engine.
The diagrams show an expanded view which would help in dismantling the carburetor. Every part has been numbered with its name to make it simpler. This will enable you to identify the lower level assembly components of the different models help to carry out fixes. The service kit number for every variant has also been mentioned.
- Our manual will help you right from the start. From identifying the carburetor model, engine number, carrying out repairs and improvements and troubleshooting.
- We have tried our best to collect every piece of information related to these carburetors and present it to you in the best possible manner.
- You will not find a more detailed, simplified and a subject specific information guide anywhere else.