The maintenance of Tecumseh carburetor and engines is very simple with the help of appropriate tools and equipments. Some of the parts of the Tecumseh Carburetor or engine can be replaced after a regular interval of time for the smooth performance of the engine. The spark plug helps to ignite the gasoline during the combustion process. A clean spark plug enables the easy and efficient working of the engine. If the lawn mower is unable to start or creating any issue, you need be make sure the spark plug is checked.
Steps to follow to replace the spark plug
You just require few simple tools such as socket driver, spark plug socket and spark plug gauge. Follow these simple steps and get your spark plug repaired.
- Disconnect the lawn mowers spark plug wire and clean all the debris from spark plug that can cause inefficient performance. If these debris are not removed it gets collected in the spark plug hole.
- Take the spark plug and take away the spark plug socket. These sockets are available in different sizes to fit the spark plug. If it does rotate then soak it in the lubricant for 10 minutes.
- Check the spark plug electrode after removing the spark plug. If the electrode is wet, then there may be a problem with the choke system of engine or it may be due to, too rich fuel mixture. If the electrode is dry and powdery, then there is a lack of fuel or maybe crack in the carburetor mounting gasket.
- Check the new spark plug before installing it. It should fill the gap properly. Take the help of spark plug gauge to verify that it should match with the manufacturer’s specifications. You can bend the gauge, if required. Hence, you can easily fit the spark plug.
- Fit the new spark plug into the hole and tighten it manually. Attach it with the spark plug socket and connect the plug until it stops turning. Avoid over tightening as it can damage the spark plug because it had ceramic body.
If you are not able to read the spark plug model number, then you can ask to the service provider. They will assist you in selecting the suitable model for your engine. For more details log onto the website Tecumsehcarburetorguide.com. The website provides an online Tecumseh Carburetor Rebuild Kit where you get details about the identification and selecting the right parts for Tecumseh carburetor.